Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Feijoa - Fruit of the Day

 
 
I must admit I'm a picky eater when it comes to fruits. It's not easy for me to try new fruits. Recently, my aunt came back from New Zealand for vacation and brought back a fruit called Feijoa.

Feijoa also known as guava pineapple. The season is now in full swing from March till June. I was mistaken it for mango the first time I saw it. 

The look
Feijoa is a egg shaped like fruit in green. Hard on the outside and soft inside.

The taste
Sour and taste like a combination of guava and pineapple.

Benefit of the fruit
1. Low calorie

2. Rich with vitamin C that promotes antioxidant that helps to strengthen immune system.

3. Full with dietary fibre that helps digestion.

Serving
1. Cut the fruit into half and use a spoon to scope out the soft 'pulp' just like Kiwi fruit.

2. Scope up the soft centre and blend for juices

3. Served in salad 

4. Make into jams.

Thoroughly enjoying the fruit and proven to help with digestion. 

3 comments:

  1. The name makes it sound like a fruit from China! Interesting fruit, I've not seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw, it looked like a mini mango and taste wise sour bit juicy. An interesting fruit for me too.

    ReplyDelete